[asterisk-users] how to set 'transfercapability'

Farkas Levente lfarkas at bppiac.hu
Mon Aug 21 04:39:12 MST 2006

hi,
we've got a Diva Server BRI-2M PCI, SN:3485 card in our asterisk server.
we use the latest divas4linux-melware-3.0.g-106.628.1-1 driver for it.
the card is connected to a Bosch Integral33 PBX. the two system
connected with an S0 line in order the two pbx be able to call
each other. when we call from the bosch to asterisk everything is
working properly. but when we call from the a x-ten soft phone client
through asterisk to the bosch the it's not working. which means the
asterisk pass the call to the bosch, bosch receive but don't ring the
given number. after we debug the capi layer with bosch experts from
bosch we found the while the bosch call asterisk it request SPEECH line
bearer, but when asterisk call bosch it set bearer to MULTIUSE. i found
it in divactrl/common/dbg_tapi.c LINE_BEARER_MODE__SPEECH,
LINE_BEARER_MODE__MULTIUSE. so probably the problem is thet we (x-ten,
asterisk, divas4linux) do not set the bearer (transfercapability) to
proper value. is this the real reason? how can i set the
bearer/transfercapability to speech in divas4linux or in
capi or in asterisk's capi or ...?
why the system do not recognize the problem? why x-ten soft phone do not
ask for speech mode or why asterisk do not set the transfercapability to
speech when it get a call from a soft phone?
or what else can we do;-)?
thank you for your help in advance.
yours.