[asterisk-users] CallerID is not displaying for my incoming calls

Crazy Boy crazymoonboy at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 20 22:44:06 MST 2006

Hi Rushowr,

Thank you for your response. As you said, I executed these below lines:

exten => s,n,Verbose(2|CallerID info received:  ${CALLERID(all)}) ; shows CID info
 exten =>  s,n,Verbose(2|Presentation Setting: ${CALLINGPRES}) ; shows CID  presentation

And Asterisk is showing this below error on console:

Executing Verbose("Zap/1-1", "3|CallerID info received: "" <>") in new stack
CallerID info received : "" <>
Executing Verbose("Zap/1-1", "3|Presentation setting: 0") in new stack
Presentation setting: 0

As per my knowledge, I have to do some modifications in chan_zap.c file to get callerid in India. But, I dont know what modifications i have to do? Can you pleaes tell me.

Looking forward to your reply. Than you.

Regards,
Chandra.

Rushowr <rushowr at phreaker.net> wrote:     Chandra,

 Unfortunately, I can't help you too much, because I've not  worked a lot with Zap. However, this message:

 Aug 17 19:45:41 ERROR[10449]: callerid.c:276  callerid_feed:  fsk_serie made mylen < 0 (-8)

 Seems interesting...My guess is that the callerid  information is corrupted or something, because it's a negative value, not a 0 or  positive. Possibly you have your CID Signalling set to the wrong value... One  thing you could try just to get a better idea of what (if anything) is actually  read from the callerid and what the presentation is set to, is to modify the  your dialplan to output the data to your console (I use verbose 2 so I don't  have to read the extra info:

 [incoming]
exten => s,1,Wait(4)
exten =>  s,n,Answer
 exten => s,n,Verbose(2|CallerID info received:  ${CALLERID(all)}) ; shows CID info
 exten =>  s,n,Verbose(2|Presentation Setting: ${CALLINGPRES}) ; shows CID  presentation
exten => s,n,SetMusicOnHold(default)
exten =>  s,n,Set(TIMEOUT(digit)=5)
exten => s,n,Set(TIMEOUT(response)=10)
exten  => s,n,Background(/tmp/virg2)