[asterisk-users] Asterisk not parking calls - causes? how to fix?

Sun Aug 20 18:28:48 MST 2006

Hello everyone,

I'm having some problems with Asterisk not parking calls. The server
is setup with Asterisk at Home and FreePBX.

If there's an incoming call and we want to park the call (by pressing
#700), sometimes the call is parked, sometimes it's not, sometimes the
notification only pops up after a noticeable delay on the softphone
(we are using idefisk, btw).

What would be the probable causes of this? The server and the people
answering the extensions are not located in the same country. Would
this be a very big factor?

Any other causes or fixes for this one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Below is the content of /etc/features.conf:

[general]
parkext => 700                          ; What ext. to dial to park
parkpos => 710-790                      ; What extensions to park calls on
context => parkedcalls                  ; Which context parked calls are in
#parkingtime => 60                      ; Number of seconds a call can
be parked for (default is 45 seconds)

[featuremap]
automon => *1                  ; One Touch Record
blindxfer=> #
atxfer=> *

--
Stand before it and there is no beginning.
Follow it and there is no end.