[asterisk-users] Linksys SPA-941 Message Waiting Indicator

voiplist gotvoip at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 15:13:19 MST 2006

Greetings..

I have a few Linksys SPA-941 IP phones running the latest firmware 4.1.12(a).

I tried turning on the Message Waiting indicator but it doesn't seem
to work correctly for me. This phone is connecting to Asterisk 1.24
running Realtime.

Not sure if it matters but rtcachefriends=yes is set.

Basically, as soon as I turn the item labeled "Message Waiting" to
"yes" the red light turns on on my phone, I get stutter tone and
little envelope icons show up on my phone. Doesn't matter if I have
voicemail or not.

I have tried filling in Mailbox ID: and VoiceMailServer: with various
things but nothing seems to help.

Any ideas? Would be nice to use this feature as we have with other
Sipura products in the past.