[asterisk-users] Re: modprobe wctdm fails in /etc/rc.local on FC5

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Aug 20 14:45:13 MST 2006

On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 08:38:49PM -0400, Robert La Ferla wrote:
> I found an init.d script for asterisk BUT not for asterisk/zaptel
> modules.  I'm still looking for a good solution.  It seems to me that
> the correct solution would involve /etc/modprobe.d/modpobe.conf.

Have you noticed the sleep between the modprobe of zaptel and the
modprobe of wctdm? This is precicely because eople try to run ztcfg
automatically after module load, and /dev/zap/ctl does not exist yet.

Automatically running ztcfg will not help you. Though I have a nice
little patch to zaptel to avoid that need altogether...
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=7613

Tzafrir Cohen         sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755          iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406          jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org