[asterisk-users] chan_skinny - in trunk r40360 - error "unsupported format '0'"

Pavel Jezek pavel.jezek at i.cz
Sat Aug 19 00:25:30 MST 2006

you have right, the issue with chan_skinny was in codec negotiation,
before, I have only "alaw" enabled, when I change to ulaw, basic calls
with skinny are OK,
maybe some short info/readme about chan_skinny limitation and known
problems helps users avoid misuderstanding...
I will continue testing chan_skinny after weekend, when I found some
issues, I will report.
thanks to both :-)
PJ

Jason Parker wrote:
> That is a little strange that it's getting the wrong TypeID.  Can you show me what it says when it registers, preferably with skinng debug enabled?  model= was removed in trunk, as we can get it from one of the skinny packets and do a simple lookup.
>
> As for the format 0, I don't know how it's getting that far with no codecs (though it may in some strange way be related to the typeid).  Skinny only supports ulaw currently (yeah, I know, I'll fix that eventually).

Damien wrote:

This looks like a codec mismatch issue. The attached patch (changes 1
line) will log the requested format and the format capabilities, rather
than just the result.

Note that I haven't tested it, but it *should* compile and work.

With the other stuff, my ip's show as 0.0.0.0 as well. The 7532 you see
for a type is in hex, which converts to 30002 in decimal, which is the
code for a 7920. So it is reporting the correct type.

Damien