[asterisk-users] Extension presedence.

Jan du Toit jan.du.toit at decisionworx.com
Fri Aug 18 01:22:11 MST 2006

Hi.

I have the following two extensions:
exten => _71405XXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN:5}|20,tr)
exten => _71.,1,Dial(Zap/g2/${EXTEN:2}|20,tr)

I have an external application that generates dialstrings, it generates
the 71 prefix so that the call can go through the T1 cards. As you can
see the 71 is cut of when passing it to the cards itself (EXTEN:2).
On the T1 card we have 4 circuits. One for local (group one is
configured for that) and three long disctance (group 2,3 and 4).

When I dial a 405 number it goes to the second exetension, group 2. I
want it to go through the first group.
I thought that since the first extension is more specific it will have
presedence over the second general one.
Is this right? Am I doing something wrong?

Moreover, how can I define the long distance extension to use the first
available channel on group 2, 3 and 4. Currently it only uses the first
avaialable channel in group 2. If all 23 bank channels in group 2 are in
use then the call fails, I want it then to try group 3 and so on.

Please help.
Thank you very much. I appreciate it.