[asterisk-users] Asterisk 'Hosting'

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Thu Aug 17 13:04:22 MST 2006

I spent 8+ hours a day, 5+ days per week for over 6 months thinking how these functions fit within the realm of Asterisk. At every single turn, after going down every single path, there where limitations that forced us to backtrack and evaluate a different approach. A script that could handle call routing, in conjection with MySQL and stored procedures was the only way to implement our requirements. The MySQL command had limitations, realtime was way too resource intensive, unreliable and undocumented and so on. Yep... i definitely haven't thought about this at all.

> Before you even bothered to learn basic asterisk
> fundamentals, you have
> went and reinvented the wheel for absolutely no reason.
>

> > and so on while ALSO letting customers maintain all this
> via a web interface?"
>

> And the problem is?  Our current members portal already does 90% of
> everything you listed. When the new version comes out we will pick up
> the remaining points and perhaps more.
>

> Yet once again you have proven beyond any shadow of a doubt,
> you didn't
> bother to comprehend the power of Asterisk before
> bastardizing it with
> your ungodly huge python script.

Yet again you have not addressed my statements that showed that the MySQL Dial plan command was not capable of nesting SQL queries, and therefore not capable of implementing findme/followme.