[asterisk-users] Re: Re: modprobe wctdm fails in /etc/rc.local on FC5

Steven asterisk at tescogroup.com
Thu Aug 17 11:20:07 MST 2006

Inline:

Steven

http://www.glimasoutheast.org

"Tzafrir Cohen" <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote in message news:20060817075819.GT2731 at xorcom.com...
> Below is a good example of misusing init.d scripts with the obvious
> results of the need for ugly workarounds. Why do you fight against the
> design of your system?
>
> See specific comments below,
>
> On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 08:20:55AM -0400, Steven wrote:
>> rc.local:
>>
>> touch /var/lock/subsys/local
>>
>> setpci -v -s 00:1f.1 LATENCY_TIMER=4
>> setpci -v -s 02:0e.0 LATENCY_TIMER=4
>> setpci -v -s 0b:07.0 LATENCY_TIMER=4
>> setpci -v -s 0c:08.0 LATENCY_TIMER=4
>> setpci -v -s 10:0d.0 LATENCY_TIMER=0
>> setpci -v -s 06:02.0 LATENCY_TIMER=ff
>> sleep 5
>
> Why a sleep here? What exactly do you wait for?

This was just leftover from previous testing.

> "sleep" is an indication of a bad workaround for a race condition. It is
> a bad workaround, as you can never know if you sleep enough.
>

>> echo UnLoading wct4xxp
>> rmmod -v wct4xxp
>> rmmod -v zaptel
>> sleep 3
>
> Huh? Why is that?

When I restart asterisk I:
1. stop now on the asterisl CLI.
2. execute rc.local which unloads and reloads zaptel.
It is not used but does no harm when booting the machine.

> BTW: 'genzaptelconf -u' will unload all zaptel modules. If 'modprobe -r'
> works on your system: that's even better.

I will have to look into that.
Why is 'modprobe -r' better?
I do think that I have genzaptelconf on my machine.  Isn't that for asterisk at home?

>> echo Loading wct4xxp
>> /sbin/modprobe -v zaptel
>> sleep 5
>> /sbin/modprobe -v wct4xxp
>> sleep 5
>> # ztcfg -vvvv
>> #sleep 5
>
> The 'sleep'-s here are because of the following bugs:
>
> 1. running ztcfg automatically on modules load
> 2. not properly waiting for /dev/zap/ctl to be generated by udev

These sleeps were required for issue number 2 above.
the ztcfg is not used. was there for previous testing.

>> echo 1 > /proc/irq/201/smp_affinity
>> echo 1 > /proc/irq/217/smp_affinity
>> echo 0 > /proc/irq/209/smp_affinity
>> echo 1 > /proc/irq/14/smp_affinity
>>
>> /usr/sbin/amportal start
>
> Now, that's an init.d script. Most of the code above should be merged
> into the zaptel init.d script (which is run before asterisk/amportal).
> Then the init system will run amportal later. If actually needed.

I can read your tone here.
This is an rc.local, not init.d script.
That is why amportal start is chained to the end of the file.