[asterisk-users] BRI<->PRI switching and synchronization (data/fax calls)

Michal Dole ž el michald at mdnet.cz
Thu Aug 17 06:44:58 MST 2006

Hello,

I found some mentions in archives, but nothing specific - maybe you can point me somewhere if this subject was already discussed...

How do you deal with switching of sensitive traffic (analog data calls, faxes, ISDN data) from BRI via Asterisk to PRI? Till now I have experiences only with BRI and I know, that in BRI only environment there is this problem solved (normal TDM switching between ports of junghanns or beronet cards or via PCM bus with multiple cards). But what are the plans with BRI <-> PRI?

I know there is  scheduled introduction of 4-port BRI from Digium. Will be possible to interconnect B410P and for example TE110P to create PCM bus and/or to keep synchronization between cards OK for sensitive traffic?

And what are your experiences with BRI-(Asterisk)-PRI in current situation without this means. Is it usable for data/fax calls?

Thank you,
Michal