[asterisk-users] What to use beyond T1's?

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Aug 16 20:06:36 MST 2006

We use a single Digium te410p (with 2 PRI's) in a Supermicro 1U. The
"telco servers" do nothing but answer the incoming only calls, assign a
global id to the call (which is passed in the CALLERID(name)), update a
MySQL database to show the channel is in use, query the database to see if
the ANI should be blocked, and IAX dial the application server for call
processing (primarily conferencing). At the completion of the call the
"telco server" updates the database to show the channel is available.

This all works fine but won't scale ($$$, rack space, cooling, cabling,
administration, etc) to dozens of T1's.

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006, Matt Florell wrote:

> Use multiple servers. What kind of calls are you handling that you can
> have more than 3 quad T1 cards in a single server and have your
> Asterisk-based application be functional? And what kind of server
> hardware are you using?
>
> MATT---
>

> On 8/16/06, Steve Edwards <asterisk.org at sedwards.com> wrote:
>> When you get beyond a dozen T1's or so what have you done?
>>
>> We've configured "t1 servers" with quad T1 cards which hand off calls to
>> "application servers" via IAX and this is working pretty good, but, where
>> do we go from here?
>>
>> Talk about Digium's DS3 card appears to have evaporated.
>>
>> What about a Tekelec or a Max TNT?
>>
>> What have you used to get in the neighborhood of 1,000 simultaneous calls
>> into your Asterisk applications?
>>
>> How much did your solution cost and what problems did you experience?
>>
>> Did you drag a DS3 to your location or did you co-locate at the CO?
>>
>> Inquiring minds want to know :)
>>
>> Thanks in advance,

Thanks in advance,