[asterisk-users] What to use beyond T1's?

Tom tom at ispstuff.com
Wed Aug 16 18:50:09 MST 2006

We are happy with our Max TNT as a gateway but we are only using a
single PRI.  We have been running this for about a year.  It should
be a reliable workhorse and scale well to a DS3.  The big brother
Lucent APX is there for more density.  I think it has OC3 and higher cards.

Our tnt handles SIP, g.729 compression and has echo cancelation built
in.  That takes some of the load off of our asterisk server.

Have you checked with Sangoma lately?  They have some great
products.  They were planning a DS3 card at one time.  But if the
demand is not there, I don't think we will see anyone make such a card.

Tom