[asterisk-users] No "zap" command?

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Wed Aug 16 14:29:19 MST 2006

Hi, all.  I've just set up an Asterisk box -- to the best of my knowledge,
no differently than any of the others that I've set up.  Only one minor
caveat: there's no "zap" command.  Huh?  Glancing at the startup, there's
no mention of chan_zap, which I assume is partially the reason.  However,
I'm using -the exact same- zapata.conf, extensions.conf, and zaptel.conf
from a different install, so I would imagine it would have been invoked if
it were a config issue.  Is there a compile-time option that we missed?
[And, for the record, no zap errors whatsoever in the log.  So it's not
like it's trying to load chan_zap.o and failing or anything.]

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

-Ken