[asterisk-users] Asterisk 'Hosting'

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Wed Aug 16 11:39:13 MST 2006

Because Asterisk wasn't designed with carrier class features in mind. It was designed for a single enterprise. The dialplan, and config files, start to get very very complicated after you add more than a few companies. Combine that with having to have multiple extensions for a single function (our Queues are accessed by a regular extension but then have to dial another 'virtual' extension so that DUNDi can work out the 'primary' server for a queue) and so on. Anyway, it's becoming unmanagable.

Doug.