[asterisk-users] Server Hardware

Raymond McKay asterisk at raynettech.com
Wed Aug 16 11:35:53 MST 2006

Dell PE 1800s are our standard build.  They are tower or Rack capable, have 3 open slots for expansion (2 if you get the remote access card).  They are big though (5U) which is both a good and a bad thing.  Good in that they have GREAT air flow inside the system so there is rarely any concern of overheating Digium cards.  Bad in that they are friggin huge.  Realistically though, if comparing in size to your average Avaya PBX for up to 100 users, than really the size is about the same.

Regards,

Raymond McKay
President
RAYNET Technologies LLC