[asterisk-users] CallerID is not displaying for my incoming calls

Crazy Boy crazymoonboy at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 16 00:22:48 MST 2006

Hi,

As you said, I have changed my configurations. But, callerid is not displaying. What I have to do? Please tell me.

Thanks&Regards,
Chandra.

Rich Adamson <radamson at routers.com> wrote: Crazy Boy wrote:
> Hi Friends,
>
> We have installed Asterisk with Digium 04B card (4 FXO ports). Now, I
> have connected my PSTN line directly to first port. I am making outgoing
> calls and receiving incoming calls successfully through my Asterisk. The
> problem is: When I am receiving a call from outside (PSTN), I am not
> getting the callerid number and getting callerid as "Asterisk" in my
> softphones (XLite). Here I am giving my configuration files.
>
> zaptel.conf file contents:
>
> loadzone = us
> defaultzone=us
> fxsks=1-4
>
> zapata.conf file contents:
>
> [channels]
> context=incoming
> signalling=fxs_ks
> busydetect=1
> busycount=7
> relaxdtmf=yes
> callwaiting=yes
> callwaitingcallerid=yes
> threewaycalling=yes
> cancallforward=yes
> echocancelwhenbridged=yes
> rxgain=0.0
> txgain=0.0
> callerid=asreceived
> language=en
> usecallerid=yes
> hidecallerid=no
> echocancel=yes
> transfer=yes
> immediate=no
> group=1
> callgroup=9
> pickupgroup=9
> channel => 1

The above entries appear to be reasonable and correct. If you have not
properly set rxgain and txgain, it "could" impact callerid. If those
gains are too high/low, asterisk will not properly read the callerid
data when sent to you.

> extensions.conf file contents:
>
> [incoming]
> exten => s,1,Answer
> exten => s,2,SetMusicOnHold(default)
> exten => s,3,DigitTimeout,5
> exten => s,4,ResponseTimeout,10
> exten => s,5,Background(/tmp/virg2)
> exten => s,6,Goto(s,1)
> include => leader

> Got event 18 (Ring Begin)...
> Aug 14 14:11:58 WARNING[26744]: pbx.c:5869 pbx_builtin_dtimeout:
> DigitTimeout is deprecated, please use Set(TIMEOUT(digit)=timeout) instead.
> Aug 14 14:11:58 WARNING[26744]: pbx.c:5845 pbx_builtin_rtimeout:
> ResponseTimeout is deprecated, please use Set(TIMEOUT(response)=timeout)
> instead.

The above two WARNING statements are telling you that either you are
copying those exten=> statements from someone's old config files, or,
you haven't read the asterisk documentation. The message is telling you
that your statement "exten => s,3,DigitTimeout,5" should be replaced
with the Set(TIMEOUT(digit)=timeout) syntax. Your statements are still
executing properly today, but the next time you upgrade asterisk code,
they are likely to fail due to the old syntax not being supported.

Try 'show function TIMEOUT' from your CLI and read it.

http://mail.yahoo.com