[asterisk-users] postfix and asterisk

J B jbafi at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 15 21:12:01 MST 2006

Asterisk and postfix are working correctly, I would like to configure postfix to use an authenticated smtp relay. I've researched and tried everything.
My current config:
main.cf
relayhost = smtpout.secureserver.net
smtp_sasl_auth_enable=yes
smtp_sasl_security_options=
smtp_sasl_password_maps=hash:/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd
 I've created sasl_passwd with  hostname username:password
Then run postmap on sasl_passwd file and restart postfix.
I try a test email using the command prompt, but I see nothing in the logs?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.