[asterisk-users] STRFTIME dialplan function not picking up system timezone

Hadley Rich asterisk at nice.net.nz
Tue Aug 15 15:18:38 MST 2006

Hi all,

I've just been playing with the STRFTIME dialplan function and am having
trouble getting it to pickup my systems local timezone.

According to show function STRFTIME and voip-info.org all the arguments are
optional and according to voip-info.org if you leave them out they will
default to the current time, the current timezone and %c respectively.

My local timezone is Pacific/Auckland (GMT+12) which is setup correctly
AFAIK - date returns the correct time and timezone. I have also tried setting
TZ=Pacific/Auckland and running asterisk at that console which didn't alter
the behaviour.

If I call a test extension with this in the dialplan;

NoOp(${STRFTIME(,,)}))
NoOp(${STRFTIME(,Pacific/Auckland,)}))

then I get this output (shortened) ;

NoOp("SIP/800-081778a4", "Tue Aug 15 22:11:36 2006)")
NoOp("SIP/800-081778a4", "Wed Aug 16 10:11:36 2006)")

I have also tried reading asterisk/stdtime/localtime.c which is (I think)
where this stuff goes on but it's over my head.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why I can't get this to work or am I
expecting the wrong behaviour (using SVN trunk)?

Cheers,

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz