[asterisk-users] Asterfax and Gentoo

Warrick Zedi wzedi at noojeeit.com.au
Mon Aug 14 21:43:15 MST 2006

There are instructions to install from source packages at
http://asterfax.sourceforge.net/Installing%20AsterFax.html in the Manual
section. Those instructions do refer to installing trixbox and using yum but
you can ignore the trixbox instruction and use your favourite package
manager. If you can't locate appropriate versions of packages such as Java,
ghostscript and openoffice.org using your package manager then manually
locate them, download and install them.

When you get to the AsterFax install get the zip file (which I only just
made available for rc5) and unzip the file to /usr/lib/asterfax then edit
config/AsterFax.xml and bin/ooconvert.sh checking that the paths to
ghostscript and openoffice are correct for you install.

Most of this is relatively straightforward. The only tricky part is getting
spandsp patched.If you use spandsp0.0.2pre26 then AsterFax comes with an
already patched app_txfax.c that you can just copy over the existing file
and that should work.

Let me know how you go.

We are planning on providing debs and I'll add gentoo to that list.

  _____