[asterisk-users] SIP Qualify

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Mon Aug 14 21:02:02 MST 2006

Yes, it might be a problem in our situation. We have three Asterisk boxes in a 'cluster'. The sip.conf is identical on all three. In that case, all three of the Asterisk boxes in our cluster are going to send sip options messages to the phones, which is silly.

Only the Asterisk box that a phone is registered on needs to send the sip notify messages. The rest are a waste. I'm not sure how we'd work around this.

We may just have to make do with the caller of an unavailable phone getting ringback until the dial timeout occurs.

Doug.