[asterisk-users] Config quesiton: all inbound on PRI

Dave Donovan donovan.david at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 19:59:30 MST 2006

Hi Ron,

If you want to write one extension to handle all of your incoming
calls, regardless of what digits have been recieved, you need to use
an extension with a pattern match like this:

exten => _X.,1,noop(do some things for Ron's incoming calls)

The _ indicates that a pattern is beginning, the X means match any
number and the '.' means match any subsequent letters/digits.

It's important that you don't put any other numeric extensions in this
context as they may not be handled the way you want.  _X. will match
ANY digit including single numbers that you might have planned for
menu options.

If you know that all your incoming calls will be directed to numbers
with at least the same area code, 888 for example, you could use a
pattern like _888. and that would catch those calls without catching
single digit menu options.

Good Luck.

Dave