[asterisk-users] SPA-942 TFTP Provisioning

Jeremiah Millay jeremiah at rockriver.net
Mon Aug 14 15:15:28 MST 2006

I'm trying to provision some spa-942 phones via TFTP. The phones get
their address from a dhcp server which sends it option 66 (address of
the tftp server). After spending some time with the phones and even
breaking down to sniff traffic from the phones I see that they are not
requesting their config from tftp.
I can kind of "fake" the phones into grabbing their configs by doing
something like:

http://192.168.20.77/admin/resync?tftp://X.X.X.X/spa000e08db9208.cfg

This will provision the phones correctly but it requires my
intervention. My configs are based on those taken from this site:
http://voipspeak.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=73&Itemid=28
I'm confident that on the tftp server side everything is correct since
it works when I force the resync.

In my network environment I have a number of Cisco IP phones that get
their configs from the same TFTP server and receive the same info from
the DHCP server and they are working correctly. So tftp is running and
dhcp is leasing out the correct info.

Anyone run into this problem with the spa-942 or similar model? Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Rock River Internet                            Jeremiah Millay
202 W. State St, 8th Floor              jeremiah at rockriver.net
Rockford, IL 61101                      815-968-9888 Ext. 2202
USA                                               fax 968-6888