[asterisk-users] Cisco 7961 SIP & Presence / BLF

Scott Higginbotham scotth at voicenet.com
Mon Aug 14 13:53:34 MST 2006

I have a Cisco 7961 up and running quite nicely with Asterisk utilizing
Asterisk 1.2.10 and Cisco's SIP image SIP41.8-0-2SR1S on the 7961 phones.
All my 'hints' are properly defined and I have a speeddial extension setup
on the 7961 of one of the other phones, however I do not see and presence or
BLF for the other phone on the 7961.

The speeddial line is configured in my SEP<MAC ADDRESS> file as:

	<line button="6">
		<featureID>21</featureID>
		<featureLabel>Phone #2</featureLabel>
		<speedDialNumber>8204</speedDialNumber>
	</line>

When extension 8204 goes off-hook I don't see the presence on the 7961.  If
I setup a Polycom 501 with Presence to monitor 8204, I see everything just
fine, so I know the issue is something in the configuration of the Cisco
7961.  Anyone have any 'hints' as to what I may be missing?

--Scott