[asterisk-users] Re: SIP Connection Problems

Martin Joseph ast at stillnewt.org
Mon Aug 14 11:14:41 MST 2006

On 2006-08-13 06:23:29 -0700, Barry Fawthrop <barry at ttienterprises.org> said:

> Thanks Dovid
>
> I have port forwarding enabled on the linksys router ports 5060 and
> 10000-20000. I was wondering if I should also enable DMZ to the
> internal IP address of the phone ?

No.  This would mean all ports attempted incoming on your connection
would go to the phone.  That's not what you want.  This would mean all
the MS worms attacking ports 80 (for example) would hit your phone.

Figure out the ports you need and forward those only.

Please note: You can only have ONE phone behind such a setup as the
router isn't able to find a second one.

Marty

PS Make sure your ExternIP and your NAT settings are right on the server.