[asterisk-users] Unable to receive Incoming calls to my DID. Please tell me the solution

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Aug 14 04:02:55 MST 2006

Crazy Boy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for your response. As you said, I executed the command "sip
> show registry". But, its not showing anything. Teliax people are also
> telling that my Asterisk server doesn't register with Teliax. So, the
> final conclusion is "My Asterisk server doesn't register with Teliax".
> Here I am giving my configuration files. Now, What I have to do to
> register my Asterisk server with Teliax? Please tell me.
>
> SIP.CONF contents:
>
> [general]
> register => xyz.abc:xxxxxxx at voip-co1.teliax.com
> [authentication]
> auth =  xyz.abc:xxxxxxx at voip-co1.teliax.com

Double check the above two statements to ensure the userid and password
are exactly those provided to you by teliax. There is nothing else in
your config that impacts the register statement with the exception of
nat'ing.

It would appear from your other config statements that asterisk might be
located behind a firewall or nat box. If so, read the documentation on
that, and look at the asterisk/configs/sip.conf.sample file.
Specifically the section on "NAT SUPPORT".

You might also want to read more about using the diagnostic tools
available to you within asterisk. Setting verbose and/or debug to a high
number and copy/paste the CLI output associated with the problem. Or,
start using the CLI with something like:
   asterisk -rvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

> [teliax-incoming]
> exten => 3031234567, 1, Answer()
> exten => 3031234567, 2, Dial(SIP/105,15)

The above has nothing to do with registering with teliax, but you do not
want to "answer" a call before ringing the sip phone. Take that
statement out of there. When the sip phone answers an incoming call,
asterisk will automatically send the answer to teliax.