[asterisk-users] CallerID is not displaying for my incoming calls

Crazy Boy crazymoonboy at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 14 02:14:34 MST 2006

Hi Friends,

We have installed Asterisk with Digium 04B card (4 FXO ports). Now, I have connected my PSTN line directly to first port. I am making outgoing calls and receiving incoming calls successfully through my Asterisk. The problem is: When I am receiving a call from outside (PSTN), I am not getting the callerid number and getting callerid as "Asterisk" in my softphones (XLite). Here I am giving my configuration files.

zaptel.conf file contents:

loadzone = us
defaultzone=us
fxsks=1-4

zapata.conf file contents:

[channels]
context=incoming
signalling=fxs_ks
busydetect=1
busycount=7
relaxdtmf=yes
callwaiting=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
cancallforward=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
callerid=asreceived
language=en
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
echocancel=yes
transfer=yes
immediate=no
group=1
callgroup=9
pickupgroup=9
channel => 1

sip.conf file contents:

[105]
type=friend
username=105
secret=ravi
callerid="RaviKanth"
host=dynamic
context=leader
canreinvite=no
nat=yes
dtmfmode=rfc2833
allow=all

extensions.conf file contents:

[incoming]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,SetMusicOnHold(default)
exten => s,3,DigitTimeout,5
exten => s,4,ResponseTimeout,10
exten => s,5,Background(/tmp/virg2)
exten => s,6,Goto(s,1)
include => leader

[leader]
exten => 105,1,Dial(SIP/105,15)
exten => 105,2,Voicemail(u105)
exten => 105,3,Voicemail(b105)
exten => 105,4,Hangup
exten => _9XXXXXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/1/${EXTEN:1})        ; Mobile phone
exten => _5XXXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/1/${EXTEN:1})        ; Local Landline
include => internal

[internal]
exten => 105, 1, Dial(SIP/105,15)

My Asterisk console displayed these below messages, when a call comes from PSTN:

Got event 18 (Ring Begin)...
 Aug 14 14:11:58 WARNING[26744]: pbx.c:5869 pbx_builtin_dtimeout: DigitTimeout is deprecated, please use Set(TIMEOUT(digit)=timeout) instead.
 Aug 14 14:11:58 WARNING[26744]: pbx.c:5845 pbx_builtin_rtimeout: ResponseTimeout is deprecated, please use Set(TIMEOUT(response)=timeout) instead.

What I have to do to display the PSTN caller number on my softphones? Please tell me. Looking forward to your response. Thank you.

Regards,
Chandra.

http://mail.yahoo.com