[asterisk-users] Unable to receive Incoming calls to my DID. Please tell me the solution

Crazy Boy crazymoonboy at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 14 00:18:38 MST 2006

Hi,

Thank you for your response. As you said, I executed the command "sip show registry". But, its not showing anything. Teliax people are also telling that my Asterisk server doesn't register with Teliax. So, the final conclusion is "My Asterisk server doesn't register with Teliax". Here I am giving my configuration files. Now, What I have to do to register my Asterisk server with Teliax? Please tell me.

SIP.CONF contents:

  [general]
  register => xyz.abc:xxxxxxx at voip-co1.teliax.com
  [authentication]
  auth =  xyz.abc:xxxxxxx at voip-co1.teliax.com
  [teliax]
  context=teliax-incoming
  type=friend
  username=xyz.abc
  user=xyz.abc
  host=voip-co1.teliax.com
  secret=xxxxxxx
   insecure=very
  canreinvite=no
  disallow=all
  allow=ulaw
  allow=alaw
  allow=gsm

  [105]
  type=friend
  username=105
  secret=rani
  callerid="Ranikumar"
  host=dynamic
  context=leader
  canreinvite=no
  nat=yes
  dtmfmode=rfc2833
  allow=all

  EXTENSIONS.CONF contents:

  [leader]
  exten => 105,1,Dial(SIP/105,15)
  exten => 105,2,Voicemail(u105)
  exten => 105,3,Voicemail(b105)
  exten => 105,4,Hangup
  exten => _1XXXXXXXXXX,1,DIAL(SIP/teliax/${EXTEN},30,tr)

  [teliax-incoming]
   exten => 3031234567, 1, Answer()
   exten => 3031234567, 2, Dial(SIP/105,15)

  Please tell me the solution. Looking forward to your response.

  Thank you.

  Regards,
  Chandra.

Rich Adamson <radamson at routers.com> wrote: >
> Thank you for your response. As you said, I changed the context
> "default" to "general". Now,
> 1) When I am making call to our DID, its ringing. But, call is not
> transferring to 105 extension.

No one can guess at the above without you providing something from the
CLI to indicate what is going on.

> 2) Teliax people told me that my Asterisk server doesn't register with
> Teliax. But, I am making calls to US using Teliax. Without registering
> with Teliax, How is it possible?

The register statement is "only" used to inform teliax that your system
is on line, can be reached at the IP address determined via the register
effort, and if you have something at the end of the register statement
(like /1234) teliax will send that "1234" extension in their effort to
complete a call "to" your asterisk system.

The register statement has nothing to do with you initiating calls to them.

> 3) How can I know that whether my Asterisk server is registered with
> Teliax or not?

 From the CLI, do a 'sip show registry' and it will tell you. If there
is an entry shown, its registered.

> 4) Registering with Teliax is different for outgoing and incoming or the
> same?

As mentioned above, the registering is only used to inform the teliax
boxes "how to reach you".

Your outgoing calls to teliax use the definitions you provided in the
[teliax] context, just exactly like you copied them from the teliax.com
web site.

http://mail.yahoo.com