[asterisk-users] Call transfer issues

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at mercury.net
Sun Aug 13 21:10:33 MST 2006

My guess is I stumped everyone ;)

Anyway, I rolled back asterisk to 1.2.9.1 (same for libpri and zaptel
back one release) and transfers were working again. Now I'm still quite
new to asterisks, I know enough to hold my own, but not enough to know
the full inter workings of it. But here is my thought:

Caller A calls in and talks to Employee B. B wants to transfer to C.
Asterisk sets up the bridge between B and C. B completes the transfer.
Now A and C are connected but there is no audio stream. If C or A puts
the other on hold, and then resumes the call, audio is restored.

By that I would say placing them on hold clears a flag or updates one to
connect the audio stream? Or am I way off on this assumption? Also if
this sounds like a possible bug, what information do I need to include,
or is good to include, when submitting bugs?

Thanks,
Kevin