[asterisk-users] Re: asterisk-users Digest, Vol 25, Issue 35

Miguel Ruiz Velasco miguelrvs at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 21:02:22 MST 2006

It´s prety easy to do that (i've made exactly the same for a directory):
asuming a 3 digit extensions on zap channel

[directory]
exten => _XXX,1,flash        ;no need to put a channel, this flashes
the active channel
exten => _XXX,2,sendDTMF(w${EXTEN})
exten => _XXX,3,hangup

The pbx system is a vodavi system with a PRI, the problem is my older
voicemail platform is dying a slow death and I was going to attempt to
intergrate * instead of purchasing a new platform.  Currently in the
vodavi system I have 4 analog trunks (hunting) in the voicemail group.
 When someone calls the main number, the IVR answers, the caller then
dials the extension.  If they answer the call is connected, if they do
no answer the caller leaves voicemail.  The reason I wanted to do a
the system to do a transfer was to free up the 4 analog trunks that I
have going into *  I have the vodavi that if it is transferred a call
with no answer an 8 is prepended to the extension so the voicemail
system knows it's already tried the user and to automatically take a
message.