[asterisk-users] Abstraction for a newbie

Mark Phillips g7ltt at g7ltt.com
Sat Aug 12 05:10:26 MST 2006

Sounds to me like you don't have a proper connection with Stanaphone.
The only time you'll get these problems is when they cannot contact you
to forward the call to your system.

Double check you firewall settings. They need to be able to reach your
system on port 5060UDP (assuming SIP) as well as ports 10000-20000UDP
(Asterisk default media ports).

They'll contact yo when a call comes in. You'll accept the call and at
the same time tell them which port to send the incoming audio to.
They'll also tell you where to send your outgoing audio.

Hope that helps.

Mark