[asterisk-users] Abstraction for a newbie

Dominic Son dominicson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 15:45:13 MST 2006

Hi. Can someone explain to a right brained person what is going on with
In/out bound trunks, how it connects to my Trixbox..

1. i get issued a free NY phone number from a voip service like stanaphone .

2. i then call this number, it connects to the stanaphone voicemail
3. i turn off the voicemail because i want it to connect to my Askterisk,
I've set up all the trunks in the PBX setup, ( sip.stanaphone, etc)
4. now i call my NY number, and it says 'this phone is not in service,
please check the number and dial again'

my Q: how does this work, more specifically, if i turned off the VM, how
does stanaphone then know to look for my asterisk server to use the trixbox?

--
Anything else, let me know.