[asterisk-users] G729 Softphone

Julio Tejera jat at unixtrends.com
Fri Aug 11 06:45:53 MST 2006

Try iaxlite at www.iaxtalk.com
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Alyed Tzompa
  To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
  Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 11:43 AM
  Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] G729 Softphone

  As far as I there is no free softphone that can handle G729 codec. So you will need a licenced one.

  Have a call center working with eyebeam from counterpath (previously known as Xten) for about a year with no problems. Don't know if it supports
  the URL option, but I'm pretty sure it will. Anyway you can ask this directly to their tech support.

  Alyed

  by lists.digium.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 41C65C202;
  Mon, 24 Jul 2006 09:49:46 -0700 (MST)

  Daniel Salama a écrit :
  > Looking for a SIP or IAX softphone for a call center application that
  > can do G729 codec. Any recommendations? Ideally it would do screen pops,
  > meaning that it will understand the URL option of the Dial command.

  Of course I'm a little biased, but I think MozPhone is well suited to
  call center application: it does natively support URL option of Dial or
  Queue command. It does not support G729 though, but speex will give you
  nice quality / low bandwith.
  Have a look at http://moziax.mozdev.org/ and please send feedback /
  comment / questions to MozPhone's mailing list at:
  http://moziax.mozdev.org/list.html

  Thanks,
  Jean-Denis