[asterisk-users] can i detect a voice with asterisk ?

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Thu Aug 10 13:06:12 MST 2006

It would be great if some swift asterisk coder would write a little application
that could monitor the channel for call progress.
so on cases of busy, ring (with timeout) and TALK detection an appropriate response
could be taken for these analog systems.

I would think with all the code in asterisks it should be just calling existing functions.

The code has a function called __ast_dsp_call_progress() but I dont see that its used.

Anyway a solution for analog lines would be great.

Jerry