[asterisk-users] Odd IAX stats

Curt Shaffer cshaffer at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 10:23:56 MST 2006

Ok, now this may be my lack of understanding on the stats readout of the IAX
command but can someone explain the following:

I just had two calls going and did an iax2 show channels, the lag for both
was 00000ms and the jitter was -0001ms. How is that possible? Am I wrong
that the lag is the estimated or actual ping time of the remote box? If that
is true who on earth has a network so clean that you have 0000ms ping times?
Also how does jitter go negative? To add to the oddity, I did iax2 show
netstats and the local jitter was -1, the lost was -1 the % was -1 and the
remote end never shows any statistics. Is it possible that the remote end
can not allow you to see those stats? In addition does Remote even mean
remote or does it mean the trip back from remote (along with a post from a
user to this list earlier).

Thanks

Curt