[asterisk-users] Set DID?

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Thu Aug 10 10:23:47 MST 2006

Dean Collins wrote:
> Is there a command for setting of a DID number?
>

> Eg below I can set callerid
>

> [custom-fromiaxfwd]
>
> exten => s,1,Set(CALLERID(number)=2125316214)
>

> Butw what I would prefer to do is set DID -like this (it doesn't work
>

> [custom-fromiaxfwd]
>
> exten => s,1,Set(CALLERDID(number)=2125316214)
>

> I couldn't find anything in the voip-info commands section so was hoping
> for a clue from the list.

You are trying to set the CallerID, not setting the DID.  The DID is in
${EXTEN}.

If you want to set the CallerID for calls to the PSTN you must be using
ISDN.  If you are using VoIP, then the VoIP server must be using ISDN
(pretty much all of them are).

Your carrier must permit you to set that info.  Not all of them do.

--
Now accepting new clients in Birmingham, Atlanta, Huntsville,
Chattanooga, and Montgomery.