[asterisk-users] BriStuff | HFC-S | Progress() | Early B3 on incoming calls from PSTN

Matteo Brancaleoni mbrancaleoni at espia.it
Wed Aug 9 12:46:59 MST 2006

Hi,

On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 20:50 +0200, Stefan Gofferje wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm currently trying to get some early audio, i.e. audio without a
> connection, to the caller to give some cost-free info while the alerting
> phase.

Many (if not all) telco does not allow sending inband audio
to the caller if not connected. So your caller will
always get the ringtone, that's generated by the telco.

Or they won't be able to sell toll free numbers :)

Some telcos allow sending inband audio for few seconds
on the PRI, but depends on the agreements you made.

matteo.