[asterisk-users] RE: Ever donate Software to Digium? If you did your afool.

Yaakov Menken menken at capalon.com
Wed Aug 9 10:50:25 MST 2006

I really don't understand the complaint. Fonality gets a $5 mil.
investment for building its own system on top of Asterisk -- no
complaint. But Mark & Co. can't get VC for their own business /
enterprise / support architecture?

Everything that "we-all" is contributing is part of the open source
Asterisk system, which Mark dreamed up and which continues to be an
unbelievably exciting piece of software.

One day soon I hope programmers who work for me will contribute to the
code base. The fact that Digium just got $13.7 mil. to keep doing what
they're doing merely ensures that we who use the open-source base will
all be benefiting from a stable and growing team of professionals
pushing the project forward.

Congrats, Digium. I for one am delighted, and look forward to joining
the "fools."

Yaakov Menken