[asterisk-users] Sipura SPA-3000 vs Sangoma A200

Stephen G sgreszcz at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 9 06:57:59 MST 2006

Rich,

Thanks for the quick reply and your advice.

My main goal is to build a small, energy efficient, always on server that will be able to run Asterisk and connect up to the PSTN, with FAX ability.  The PCI card makes the solution cleaner, but it is harder to find small cases/motherboards that support PCI other than a custom Mini-ITX solution.

I agree that the power consumption should not be much different between the Sipura and Sangoma A200, although I need to have a large enough power supply and an extra 4-pin computer power cable to power any FXS ports according to: http://wiki.sangoma.com/sangoma-hardware#A200.