[asterisk-users] Sipura SPA-3000 vs Sangoma A200

Stephen G sgreszcz at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 9 06:20:13 MST 2006

Hi there,

I'm looking to set up a home-office PBX/Asterisk lab using a VIA EPIA motherboard as an always on, low powered solution.

I am trying to find out the differences between a solution using an external ATA (like the Sipura SPA-3000) or an internal PCI card (like the Sangoma A200 with 2 FXO 2 FXS ports).

Can someone tell me what the major functionality and limitations are when using the two devices with Asterisk?  I am looking for things like configuration, power draw, sending faxes, etc.

So far I have these:

Sipura SPA-3000
-------------------------
External - can be located remotely from Asterisk server, can be used with an embedded solution (NSLU2) or a server with no PCI slot (smaller footprint and lower power draw).  The problem with this is that there are more power blocks/adaptors needed.  Draws about 5W (according to the statistics).
Ports - 1xFXO and 1xFXS
Cost - 80 UK pounds
Features not in Sangoma A200:

Sangoma A200 (A20101)

Internal PCI - half or full hight.
Ports - 2xFXO and 2xFXO, power consumption ???
cost: 200 UK pounds
Features not in Sipura SPA-3000:

Thanks in advance!