[asterisk-users] Phone Newbie Questions

Colin MacMillan macmillanc at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 05:53:16 MST 2006

Brian,

What you need are some sources of good information to get you started.
Based on what you wrote there is a lot to cover - impossible in an email.

Buy and read the book from this link -
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/asterisk/

the pdf version can be found here but having one to read is much better.
http://www.asteriskdocs.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=11

With a background in Linux, once you learn a bit more setting up asterisk
will be easy.  And yes Asterisk can handle a 100+ users with relatively
standard hardware.

Colin