[asterisk-users] Two card NT-TE mode

Wed Aug 9 05:40:27 MST 2006

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 12:05:30PM +0200, support_list wrote:
>> I want to connect two ISDN bri card directly.
>> Is it necessary to use a cross-cable?
>
> No. A standard (non-crossed) ethernet cable will work, as long as it has
> all 8 wires.

I disagree. If the pin layout of the ISDN cards is in TE mode on both
cards, then you do need a crossover cable. Usually the cards are in TE
pin layout, except some cards have onboard jumpers for changing the
pin-layout to NT mode (like junghanns quadbri).

I guess in your case you need a BRI crossover cable.

attached is a picture of an ISDN BRI crossover cable (from Diva Server
Adapters Installation Guide)

regards
klaus