[asterisk-users] Asterisk and Siemens Legacy PBX

Wolfgang Zweimueller wzwei at kurtkrenn.com
Wed Aug 9 03:28:06 MST 2006

James Arscott <james at stemnetworks.co.uk> writes:

> Hi
>
> Small progress, though combining the suggest below, enabling overlapdial and
> a few other things I have got the following :
>
> When you hit 9 on the simenes, you hear a dial tone. As soon as you hit
> another number to start dialling it complains with some generic error on the
> siemens handset. What I see from asterisk at the same time....
[...]
>     -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/62-1'
>     -- Accepting overlap call from '697000' to '<unspecified>' on channel
> 0/31, span 2
> < Protocol Discriminator: Q.931 (8)  len=9
> < Call Ref: len= 2 (reference 1/0x1) (Originator)
> < Message type: INFORMATION (123)
> < [70 02 81 39]LI>
> < Called Number (len= 4) [ Ext: 1  TON: Unknown Number Type (0)  NPI:
> ISDN/Telephony Numbering Plan (E.164/E.163) (1) '9' ]
> -- Processing IE 112 (cs0, Called Party Number)

Hmm? That's not overlap dialing. You get the "complete" called number
in one single Message.

> -- Processing IE 112 (cs0, Called Party Number)
> NEW_HANGUP DEBUG: Calling q931_hangup, ourstate Overlap Receiving, peerstate
> Overlap sending
> > Protocol Discriminator: Q.931 (8)  len=9
> > Call Ref: len= 2 (reference 1/0x1) (Terminator)
> > Message type: RELEASE COMPLETE (90)
> > [08 02 81 81]LI>
> > Cause (len= 4) [ Ext: 1  Coding: CCITT (ITU) standard (0) 0: 0   Location:
> Private network serving the local user (1)
> >                  Ext: 1  Cause: Unallocated (unassigned) number (1), class =
> Normal Event (0) ]

... and Asterisk's answer is: Unallocated number.

It seems your Siemens PBX doesn't do it right.

We had some issues with other PBXs and Asterisk when Asterisk was the
NET-side. Try to reverse the roles, so that Siemens is NET and
Asterisk CPE. That helped here with an Alcatel.

cu,
Wolfgang