[asterisk-users] Possible to To Have Different Outgoing VM Messages, but One Mailbox?

Luki lugosoft at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 12:21:04 MST 2006

> I would like to have callers that call different DID numbers receive
> different outgoing messages (based on the number called), but have all of
> the incoming messages in one box.  Any way to do this that comes to mind?

Yes, symlink the INBOX and Old directories to the "master" mailbox.
This "shares" the new and old messages folders, but not the custom
folders (you could symlink those too).

# ls -l mailbox2
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root     root         14 Nov  5  2005 INBOX -> ../mailbox1/INBOX/
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root     root         12 Nov  5  2005 Old -> ../mailbox1/Old/
drwxr-x---  2 asterisk asterisk   4096 Aug  7 17:44 tmp
-rw-r-----  1 asterisk asterisk 264826 Apr  9 15:53 unavail.wav

--Luki