[asterisk-users] DTMF problems

Kohler, Jeffrey J.Kohler at TechSmith.com
Tue Aug 8 11:38:31 MST 2006

Thank you very much for your help.  I switched from 'info' to 'rfc2833'
and my problems seem to have disappeared.

________________________________

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Rosli
Sukri
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 10:36 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] DTMF problems

test it out with rfc2833 with sip since it is the most common of them
all

On 8/8/06, Moises Silva <moises.silva at gmail.com > wrote:

Ok, with SIP you can send the DTMF in 3 flavors. You need to know how
your SIP telephony gateway providers send and expect the DTMF. You
configure that in Asterisk file sip.conf, look for the peer parameter
"dtmfmode", valid values are:

dtmfmode=info
Use SIP INFO messages to send, this is out of band

dtmfmode=rfc2833
Actually i dont know, but check RFC2833 :)

dtmfmode=inband
The DTMF digits are sent in the same stream that the audio. This means
that
if the audio codec is of low quality, DTMF may not pass.

dtmfmode=auto
Asterisk is supposed to detect the correct DTMF mode to use, actually
I havent used this one, but you can give it a try :)

Regards