[asterisk-users] Cisco Phone Configuration Tool cannot find Files

Nate List natelist at blastcomm.com
Tue Aug 8 08:21:41 MST 2006

Hello, I have been using A at home for quite a while, and it is working
great, but I don't have a very strong Linux background.  I purchased
some new Cisco 7960 phones and used the Cisco Phone Configuration Tool
off of the Maintenance Screen to set up a new phone configuration file.
Since I was testing I pulled the files off of Asterisk and used another
TFTP Server while I was testing the phones.  I manually created new
SIP<MAC>.cnf files off of copies of the original file during my testing
for my other phones.  The phones worked great and are all up and
running.  I transfered my new SIP<MAC>.cnf Files into the /tftpboot
directory of asterisk, but now if I try to use the Cisco Phone
Configuration Tool to Edit or Create new configuration files, it come up
with an Error.

<--When Clicking Edit Phone Configuration Files-->
Phone config files

Proxy Server = XX.XXX.XX.XXX Can be dotted IP or FQDN
Port = 5060

TFTP "/tftpboot/ ; Example /tftpboot/sip_phone/" Directory does not exist!

Return to main phone menu.

<..When Clicking Add new phone Configuration files, It goes to the form,
then has an error when clicking Add-->

Phone add Config Result

TFTP "/tftpboot/ ; Example /tftpboot/sip_phone/" Directory does not exist!

Return to phone main menu.

I have tried deleting the new files I put in, but the same problem still
exists.  Any insight into what I might have done, or any way to fix it
would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Nate Burke