[asterisk-users] RAM memory high Comsumption

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Aug 7 12:25:48 MST 2006

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 01:45:14PM +0000, kritikus Araklidas wrote:
> Hi everyone:
>
> I specting high volume of RAM memory consumption in my Asterisk server, the
> version of Asterisk is 1.2.4, It could be a bug in my Asterisk version?????
>
> When i reboot the server, the asterisk day per day increase the use of the
> RAM memory.

Rebooting???? Why???

If there is any memory leak in asterisk, occasional restarts of asterisk
will work the same as an ugly workaround and with a lesser downtime.
Take a look at "restart when convinient". And even that is a plain ugly
workaround that should not replace a proper problem resolution.

Tzafrir Cohen         sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755          iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406          jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com     http://www.xorcom.com