[asterisk-users] Asterisk and Siemens Legacy PBX

AstATN chan at isysnetsolution.com
Sun Aug 6 19:48:52 MST 2006

Hi James,

>James wrote;

>When I hit 9 on the siemens it does not get a dial tone from asterisk, I
assume this is

>because I have not told asterisk to give it one.

I might be wrong;

My question is, are you sure your ISDN ( Asterisk span to Siemens ) is up
logically?

ISDN is no tone given, dial tone is actually produced by Legacy Side, when
L1, L2 and L3 signals is up (eg coding, framing and timing), Legacy PBX will
automatically make it self ready, and simulating the dial tone when user hit
"9" to call out.

I did try with Alcatel and Ericsson MD machine; both are simulating dial
tone once L2 and L3 are working properly, so I assume that this is the
Europe PBX standard.

As fall as ISDN Legacy PBX is concern, it will throw out the digits if
nothing wrong with the link.

If possible, share with your Zapata.conf setting, may be group of us can
help.

Tq

James wrote;

Hi, I just realised I think I have missed a step....

Asterisk is not matching the extension from the siemens because the siemens

has not even sent one yet, it is still waiting for a dial tone. When I hit 9

on the siemens it does not get a dial tone from asterisk, I assume this is

because I have not told asterisk to give it one....(dur!) How should I tell

asterisk how to handle this, I have defined it a context and I know its

making it this far, but I don9t know how to get the next bit coded. Any help

appreciated !

Thanks

James