[asterisk-users] Fax tone detected, but no fax extension for CAPI

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Sun Aug 6 04:17:52 MST 2006

On Sun, 6 Aug 2006, Stefan-Michael. Guenther (in-put GbR) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > The log doesn't show anything about the call is terminated.
> > Anyway, the message "Fax tone detected, but no fax extension for" is just a
> > notice. If you don't have an extension "fax" in your context, nothing else
> > is done. With newer chan_capi you can disable this with faxdetect=off.
> >
> chan_capi is version 0.6.5 and asterisk is version 1.2.9.1.

You need newer version of chan-capi (current trunk) to use the faxdetect=
option.

> Here's a complete log with verbosity and debugging set to 4.
> Should I worry about the three messages
>
> chan_capi.c:3951 capi_signal_progress: wrong channel state to signal PROGRESS

No, this is just a debug info.

> ISDN4: too much voice to send for NCCI=0x61a04

This may happen at beginning of connection (when too many voice-frames are
waiting), but should not happen during connection. If it happens, frames
will be dropped, because Asterisk provides them out of sync.

> Protocol error layer 1 (broken line or B-channel removed by signalling
> protocol)

This is the cause of your problem! Your physical ISDN connection is
broken. Maybe your cross/NT connection is not setup correct.

Armin