[asterisk-users] Help with perl AGI script

Roy Kidder asterisk at jehster.net
Sun Aug 6 03:58:33 MST 2006

Russell Bryant wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-08-05 at 20:43 -0400, Roy Kidder wrote:
>> Is there some way I can better control the execution of playbacks so that
>> they take place as I expect them to?
>
> Yes, your script needs to read a line of input from stdin to wait for
Asterisk to send back the result code indicating that the application
execution is complete.  You'll get nack something like "200 result=0".

I tried it again, reading a single line from stdin and got the "200
result=0" message. Is there potential for there to be other messages? i.d.
"200 result=1" or "404 file not found"? Also, is there always going to be
a single line from stdin, or should I loop until I find the line I'm
looking for?

Thanks again,
Roy