[asterisk-users] Setting CALLERID on a residential telco line

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Sat Aug 5 08:58:42 MST 2006

Andrea Spadaccini wrote:
> Ciao Eric,
>
>> If you had a PRI (not just a T-1) AND your telco permits you to set
>> it.
>
> Is there any hope to change the caller-id on a BRI line?

Sorry, I was being USA-centric.  It's a bad habit to get into.

As I understand it, if you have a BRI and your telco allows you to, you
can change the outgoing Caller*ID.  With PRI, many telcos allow you to
set the outgoing Caller*ID.  I don't know how often telcos permit this
on BRI.

--
Now accepting new clients in Birmingham, Atlanta, Huntsville,
Chattanooga, and Montgomery.